Tuesday 25 November 2014

Officer - aerial photographs

The Cardinia Shire has recently moved their offices and Council Chambers from Pakenham to Officer, November 17 2014 was the first official day of business. The Shire had been in their 'old' building since it was opened  on  July 28, 1983 and you can read about that building here. As well as the new Council buildings, Officer has recently seen a lot of development with  housing estates so I thought it was time to see how the area has changed in the past 20 years. These are some aerials from 1994 and 1996, not really that long ago, but they show Officer when it was still a country town.


This is Officer  May 4, 1994, starting from the far right is the Recreation Reserve on the corner of the Princes Highway and Starling Road. The next intersection is Officer South Road and Tivendale Road. The small patch of remnant bush is in the vicinity of the new Council Offices. The intersection on the left is the Highway with Brunt Road and Whiteside Road.


The same view as above but shows Beaconsfield in the distance. The photograph is undated but I believe it is October 1996.


This is a continuation of the photograph above, it is dated October 31, 1996. The intersection at the bottom is that of the Princes Highway and Brunt Road and Whiteside Road.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I think it is really interesting to get to see the changes over the years. It is really cool to see it from the air too, I think that definitely makes the change more apparent. I have been wanting to get some aerial photography done of my land, because I think it would look really nice for my websites. Do you have any suggestions on where I should go to hire an aerial photographer? http://www.3dmappingsolution.com.au